Friday, October 16, 2009

It Pours because It Rains

Beef? I am lacking in beef. Fawful is beefless.
--------

The rain really was flowing today.  A simple 15-minute walk across campus turned into a drench-fest.  Even with my rain jacket on, both I and my bag got soaked.  But it was nothing to worry about; the soggy results of each trek I made always dried off before I went to my next destination.  And it's better raining than having no clouds and freezing.

The rain also kind of fit today's start.  The audition on Tuesday may have gone well, but the results... I got an e-mail this morning from Kaplan, saying they cannot offer me a position.  It could be they just didn't need any more SAT teachers, and needed more for other tests instead; or the audition really wasn't as good as I though.  It's a bummer, especially since I kind of threw all my eggs in one basket, instead of delivering a boatload of résumés before the quarter started.  Now I'll have to print out a bunch of résumés and cover letters, and hit the streets to see what other jobs are available nearby.  A surprising amount of students here don't work, so there'll likely be somewhere that has positions open.  Until then, keep praying! Well, you can keep praying after, too.  But especially for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about Nathan's latest desperate plight?